In 2013, Burgoynes opened its first office in the Middle East in Dubai to improve services offered to clients within the UAE, the surrounding Gulf countries and Africa. The Dubai office has seen demand for its forensic investigations from a wide range of clients, including loss adjusters, insurers, reinsurers, law firms and local businesses, from across the MENA region.
With associated offices in the UK, Hong Kong, Singapore and Melbourne, Burgoynes is able to offer a rapid global response to incidents both on land and at sea.
Casework handled by the Dubai office includes:
- Land-based fire investigations
- Investigation of fires on board ships
- Provision of advice during live fire incidents at sea
- Investigation of self-heating incidents in marine cargoes
- Advice on the loading and carriage of dangerous cargoes and materials hazardous in bulk, such as direct reduced iron (DRI)
- Contamination assessments
- Investigation of chemical plant incidents and refrigeration failures
- Assessment of personal injury claims
- Provision of expert evidence in a range of litigation cases